The Fully Funded World Bank Treasury Summer Internship in the USA is a junior professional training program designed to develop the skills necessary for an exciting and rewarding career in the financial industry. The Program aims to bring exceptional college students with a demonstrated interest in a financial career to support the World Bank’s development mandate. The internship lays the foundation to become a Junior Analyst, a two-year position on one Treasury team, immediately after the intern graduates from their degree program. Interns are expected to be in their second to final year in the equivalent of a four-year college degree program.
The World Bank Treasury is one of the few places where you work at the nexus of finance, innovation & international development. The Summer Internship is the only program in the World Bank dedicated to college students.
Treasury Summer Interns will work full-time for ten weeks from May 28 through August 5, 2024, in Washington, DC. Interns receive a custom onboarding program in the first week before beginning three three-week rotations across Treasury teams. Throughout the summer, interns participate in weekly discussions with the program director and attend a career perspectives speaker series to hear from various Treasury officers, managers, and directors. Interns have access to the nearly 300-employee Treasury, including meetings with the Vice President and treasurer. Interns complete each rotation with a presentation to their respective teams and complete the internship by presenting their work in a capstone project to the management team.
Table of Contents
Fully Funded World Bank Treasury Summer Internship in USA 2024
31 December 2023
United States Of America
The World Bank
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded World Bank Treasury Summer Internship in the USA are stated below:
1. Must be enrolled in the second-to-last year of the equivalent of a four-year college degree program with a demonstrated interest in finance, business, economics, or a related field;
2. Must be prepared to graduate with a college degree between January and September 2025;
3. Must be in good academic standing at their college or university;
4. Must be available full-time through the duration of the internship;
5. Must not have a concurrent employment contract or internship.
Any candidate who is found to have misrepresented their application may be disqualified or terminated.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE AWARD (SINGA)
The benefits of the Fully Funded World Bank Treasury Summer Internship in the USA are:
1. Interns join on a short-term temporary contract and are paid between $20.40 (net – for non-US Citizens) and $24.60 (gross – for US Citizens) per hour for a total of 400 hours.
2. All interns are expected to be in person, full-time, in Washington, DC, for the entire internship (May 28 – August 5).
3. HR policies may change, but interns are expected to work at least four days in the office per week.
4. Each intern will receive a World Bank laptop at the start of the internship. If required, the World Bank sponsors the appropriate visa for an incoming intern to work in the United States.
The full-time internship pays between $19.70 – $23.80 per hour, depending on World Bank HR policies.
The Work & Teams
The program will hire up to 16 interns across Treasury’s 16 teams this summer, and each intern will have a different rotation schedule to create a different experience. Treasury has four departments and a compliance & controls team. Each team has an intern mentor and coordinator to supervise and support their work. Interns will be responsible for specific individual tasks or projects in one of Treasury’s departments and, depending on interest and skills, will perform some or all of the following:
1. Asset Management
2. Client Advisory
3. Compliance & Risk Management
4. Financial Infrastructure & Banking Operations
5. Fintech & Innovation
6. Financial Solutions
8. Products, Knowledge & Research
9. Sustainable Finance & Investor Relations
10. Structured Finance & Quantitative Modeling
11. Pension Investments
12. Pension Middle Office
I hope you find this article helpful.
Based in Nigeria’s Enugu, I’m a student crafting captivating tales as a writer and igniting sparks as a Motivational Speaker.