How do I start Instagram for business? If you have an Instagram account with a huge following, you should be making money from it. You can use your Instagram account to make a side hassle when you use it to promote your own personal business even as a student.
Students with a huge Instagram following can take advantage to start their own businesses, focusing on the young and vibrant population on Instagram to sell their skills or advertise their products unashamedly.
An Instagram account for your business as a student can be a great way to build your brand and engage with potential customers. This article explains how you can start Instagram for business.
Table of Contents
What is The Use of Instagram for Business
Instagram is one of the most popular use social media for business. According to Business News Daily, it can drive brand awareness, boost sales, and build and track audience engagement. It’s an excellent way to find customers where they’re already spending time. It can also provide valuable audience insights to use with all your marketing plan strategies
The use of Instagram for business is welcoming and resultful as Instagram boasts a minimum of one million advertisers. Each month, there are over 16 million Google searches for the term “Instagram”. The predominant age group among Instagram users falls between 18 and 29 years old. In the realm of user engagement, Instagram takes the second position, closely trailing Facebook which holds the lead.
A noteworthy fact is that over 60% of Instagram users access the platform daily. On an average day, approximately 80 million photos are shared on Instagram, accumulating about 3.5 billion likes. Consistently, one hundred million accounts upload a Story on a daily basis.
Benefits of Starting Instagram for Business
Instagram for business can offer several benefits:
- Low Cost: Instagram is a free platform, making it an affordable way to market your business, especially when you might have limited funds as a student.
- Build a Brand: Creating an Instagram presence allows you to establish and grow your brand identity, which can be valuable for future career opportunities or entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Showcase Skills: If your business is related to your talents or skills, such as art, design, writing, or photography, Instagram provides a visual platform to showcase your work.
- Targeted Audience: Instagram allows you to reach a younger and tech-savvy audience, which could be perfect for certain student-oriented businesses or services.
- Networking: Instagram lets you connect with potential customers, other businesses, influencers, and even mentors, helping you build a network that can benefit you in the long run.
- Learning Opportunities: Managing an Instagram business account provides real-world experience in marketing, content creation, analytics, and social media management, which can be valuable for your future career.
- Flexibility: You can work on your Instagram business account during your free time, making it manageable alongside your studies.
- Creative Outlet: Running a business Instagram account allows you to experiment with creativity, design, and storytelling, which can be fulfilling and fun.
- Monetization: As your account grows, you might be able to explore monetization options, such as sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, or selling products/services directly.
- Portfolio: Your business account can serve as a portfolio to showcase your work and achievements, which can be attractive to potential employers or clients.
- Personal Growth: Managing a business account involves challenges that can contribute to your personal growth, such as time management, adaptability, and problem-solving.
While there are many benefits to starting an Instagram business account, it’s essential to have a clear strategy, be consistent, and provide value to your audience to achieve the best results.
How to Start Instagram for Business?
To start instagram for business, you should follow these steps:
1. Choose a Niche
The general merchandise style is not so profitable if you have decided to start Instagram for business. Choose the type of business you want to promote on Instagram. This could be anything from tutoring services to e-commerce or art and crafts.
2. Create a Business Account
Creating a business account gives you access to analytics and features that are useful for promoting your business. Therefore, set up a separate business account on Instagram to focus and streamline your activities online to center on your business offering.
3. Optimize Your Profile
Your profile acts as your business card and introduction. Use a clear profile picture and write a concise, engaging bio that describes your business and what you offer. Be as factual and straightforward as possible using simple captivating words.
4. Content Strategy
Plan out and develop the type of content you want to post. This could include product photos, behind-the-scenes shots, customer testimonials, and more. Since content is king, ensure your content is visually appealing and consistent with your brand and can easily attract your potential market.
Hashtags are great tools to incorporate. Research relevant hashtags that are popular in your niche. Using these in your posts can help increase the visibility of your content.Common hashtags include #instagood, #love, #me, and #follow.
6. Engage with Your Audience
Audience engagement should be deliberate and spontaneous. Respond to all comments on your posts, engage with other accounts in your niche, and interact with your followers. Building a community around your business is important.
7. Post Regularly
Consistency is vital on social media. Develop a posting schedule that you can stick to, whether it’s a few times a week or daily. As a student, you can organize your posting schedule during your break when you can concentrate and tailor your posts accordingly.
8. Instagram Stories and Reels
Utilize Instagram Stories and Reels to showcase different aspects of your business in a more casual and interactive way.
Monitor your account’s analytics to see which posts are performing well and learn more about your audience. Adjust your strategy based on these insights.
10. Use Paid Advertising, Collaborations and Giveaways
As your business grows, consider using Instagram’s paid advertising options to reach a wider audience. Also, partner with other accounts or host giveaways to increase your reach and engagement.
Students Can Start Instagram for Business in This Categories
1. Art and Crafts: Students who are into painting, drawing, pottery, or other creative crafts can showcase their creations on Instagram and sell them to a global audience. `
2.Tutoring Services: If you excel in a particular subject, you can offer tutoring services through Instagram, sharing study tips, sample problems, and success stories.
3. Graphic Design: Students with design skills can create a portfolio on Instagram, showcasing their graphic design work and offering design services to clients.
4. Fashion and Accessories: Starting a fashion boutique or selling unique accessories like jewelry, scarves, or hats can be effectively promoted through Instagram’s visual platform.
5. Fitness and Wellness: Fitness enthusiasts can share workout routines, healthy recipes, and motivational posts, eventually offering fitness coaching or selling fitness-related products.
6. Photography: Students with photography skills can exhibit their work, offer photoshoot services, or sell prints through their Instagram account.
7. Baking and Cooking: If you’re skilled in the kitchen, you can promote your baked goods, cakes, cookies, or even offer cooking classes through Instagram.
8. Personal Branding: Building a personal brand around your skills, expertise, or interests can open opportunities for speaking engagements, consulting, or collaborations.
The key to success on Instagram is to have high-quality visual content, engaging captions, and consistent posting. It also requires deliberate time and effort. Be patient and adaptive in your approach, always focus on providing value to your audience. Remember to choose a niche that aligns with your skills and interests, and focus on providing value to your target audience. As your account grows, you can explore various monetization strategies based on your chosen business model.
I hope you find this article helpful.
An SEO Content Creator, Youth Influencer, and Transformational Speaker who is Passionate About Changing Lives.